Wednesday, August 24, 2005

So Tired...



Well, we're a week into school, and I seem to be perpetually tired. I am hoping that I can fix this; maybe by exercising or trying to actually go to bed before midnight. My eyes are hurting really bad and making me more tired than I already am; I am promising myself a visit to the eye doctor (my first in 12 or 13 years) when my new insurance kicks in on the 1st.

We've had a whirlwind week! School started last Wednesday, and we had Zach's birthday party at our house on Saturday. I baked his cake and did some cleaning Thursday night, decorated the cake for 4 hours Friday night, decorated more of the cake Saturday morning, cleaned, and decorated. The party was a big success, and Zach got more toys than any kid should be allowed to have. Saturday night, Mom and Dad, my brother-in-law and his family all hung out and ate pizza. My nephew spent hours putting together a block playset that Zach received that day, which of course has already been taken down. Sunday, Mom and Dad left early, and I spent the day on the couch, first by reading an entire novel, then by taking a nap. Zach spent the day playing with his new toys, and went to sleep in his new tent pretty easily.

Monday night, I went to a Creative Memories meeting to find out about the new get-together format, which is really cool. My upline challenged me to hold a get-together within the next week, so I am having one Saturday at my house. Hopefully I won't be alone!

Yesterday was Zach's 4th birthday. He started gymnastics, which he loved. What I love about it is that he goes during the day at school. It doesn't take away from family time, and he's not spending all day at school. He was allowed to bake a cake in the Easy Bake oven at school, and we brought cookies for snack time. When Darren got home from work, Zach opened even more presents, then we took him to Johnny Rocket's for dinner. It's an old-fashioned diner place, and the waitresses sing and dance. They sang happy birthday to Zach, and he didn't react too much. After dinner, we took him to Target to spend his birthday money. He wanted the two Scooby-Doo movies, but they only had the second one. We decided to let him pick out a toy instead, and what he really wanted was this Ford F-150 truck that was motorized. What he liked best about it was that it had speakers in the back, and when you press a button, it plays "We Will Rock You", and the speakers light up and move. There was NO WAY that thing was coming to our house to drive us crazy! We settled on the Hot Wheels car transporter instead.

Today, Darren took Zach to the doctor for his FOUR shots, then kept him home for the day. He wasn't feeling well, and needed some TLC.

School is going fairly well for me so far, but the kids are very low this year, and seems like they are pretty immature. They work slowly, and ask zillions of questions. I am working hard to have patience with them, but it's hard, and the other teachers are feeling it, as well. Our kids are babied in elementary school, and intermediate school is a rude awakening! The kids suddenly have 4 teachers, an elective, and the dreaded lockers. Lockers and covering books are my least favorite part of teaching. Hopefully it won't take long to pick up speed, and the last few kids will learn how to open their lockers. Then, life will be good...

No comments:

Post a Comment