Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Feeling Crafty

I have been reading several craft blogs since this summer, and never feel like I have the time to just sit down and make something without neglecting something more important. I've come to realize that making craft projects is something that I should do more often, because I get so much joy out of them, and I come away with such a feeling of accomplishment. I used to scrapbook regularly, I've done soap-making, candle-making, jewelry-making, stamping, and card-making. Paper crafts are definitely my favorite, and I have tons of supplies from my two-year stint as a Creative Memories consultant.

When I am feeling like I want to do something creative, and time keeps me from actually producing anything, I have a bad habit of stockpiling supplies. This summer, I bought a Cricut machine, along with several cartridges, but didn't use it very much at all. For Christmas, I received a Gypsy, and I am looking forward to playing with it.

I really wanted to make some things for Halloween, but this was the semester from Hell for me, and I really don't remember October. For Thanksgiving, I managed to make a banner to hang on our fireplace. It's nothing that exciting, but for me, there was a great feeling of accomplishment.


For Christmas, I decided to make three different projects. First, there was the two-day wreath-making project, then the "beaded curtain", and finally a banner that I hung on my china cabinet.




Sorry about the banner picture; I just realized that I never took a good one. It has four layers, and the lettering says, "Let it Snow". If I get a chance later, I'll write a post with just the wreath, because that was a massive undertaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment