Monday, June 19, 2006

Trying to Keep Above Water

I blinked, and now we are already into the fourth week of summer. Where did it go? Before long, Target will have their school supplies out (or they might already have; I've been a good girl and stayed out of there lately). In the meantime, my grand plans are going unfinished. I have been working on getting our office clean and organized, and clearing out a spot for my scrapbooking stuff. I've done most of it, but still need to deal with the paper that I shoved into a large Rubbermaid container. It needs to be filed, but I have to set up a filing system first. In order to do that, I need to clean out the old papers that are already stacked in the filing cabinets...it's a vicious cycle!

Let's see, what else do I want to accomplish before August 10th? I wanted to spend a week in Louisiana, and spend some time in Baton Rouge, but that's not going to happen. We have something going on every single weekend, and Zach isn't even into sports yet! We went this past weekend, went to New Orleans for the day on Saturday, and boiled lobsters for Father's Day. Those were so good; we boiled them in crawfish seasoning! Zach is spending the week with my parents, and I am supposed to be in a three-day workshop. With all the flooding in Houston today, compounded with this lovely stomach virus, I stayed home and slept on the couch. Now that I missed the first day of the workshop, there's probably no point in going for the last two days. I do feel bad; my district spent $180 on my registration!

Before Zach comes home on Friday, I want to go through his toys. We've never gotten rid of anything, because we are saving everything for our second child. The only problem is, there won't be room for the second child to have any new toys. I always feel awful getting rid of toys, but Zach rarely plays upstairs in his room, and ignores most of the toys. He'd rather be downstairs, following me around, asking for chocolate milk, or rotting his brain in front of Baby Looney Tunes. When that show comes on, he will find me anywhere in the house to let me know it's on. Like I care!

I miss Zach like crazy right now. I was really looking forward to him being gone, because this staying home business is not going all that well, but now the house seems empty. I miss his exuberant hugs and kisses, as well as the constant singing and noise. Four more days...

No comments:

Post a Comment