Monday, May 19, 2008

Satisfaction

Well, I did it. I turned in my resignation papers to the district today, and it was a very calming, freeing feeling. I smiled all day. Now, I just have to get rid of all of the junk in my classroom, so that we don't end up with a garage that never gets emptied.

I had a wonderful weekend in San Antonio. I met a great group of women at my class, and it was so great to be among people who love and are passionate about what they do. It's extremely rare to find that in teachers these days, and no one I know is like that. These women shared all sorts of ideas, and their curriculum with me, and I am sure we will stay in touch. It was all that much more motivation to resign from my teaching job, and get myself out there. I enjoyed being alone, and the instructor and I made it out to the Riverwalk Saturday night for margaritas and Mexican food. It was prom night, so we were able to sit and watch all of the beautifully dressed couples as we enjoyed our dinner.

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment