Saturday, January 03, 2009

Can't Sleep

I don't know what is going on, but this is the second night in a row that I can't sleep. I was up until 4:00 last night, then slept until 10:45. I had a short nap around 5:30, but am still not tired. Zoe will up in a few hours wanting my attention, and I am sure Darren would like to sleep late.

I just spent an hour chatting with someone from high school on Facebook. I didn't know her that well, but it was nice to talk to someone I haven't seen in over six years. Hopefully she can get some sleep, too.

I think the stress of applying to nursing school is what is keeping me from sleeping. It is coming up in a couple of weeks, and I want so badly to get in. I don't want to have to go back to teaching, and I don't want our year of making sacrifices to be for nothing.

I am worried because part of the admission is your grade in three classes. One of the classes, freshman English, I never took, because I tested out of it with my ACT score and AP test. For some reason, there is a C on my transcript in that class, and after over 16 years, am I going to be able to get that fixed? I considered taking it in the minimester over the holidays, but I have been going to school nonstop since before I finished teaching in June, and it was time for a break. I can only hope that this issue can be resolved in my favor. If it is, I have the credentials to get into nursing school, because I have checked them obsessively. It is so competitive that they only take 30 out of the 160 to 180 applicants each year. I'll have to cross my fingers and say a lot of prayers that this will happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment