Thursday, June 30, 2005

Chronicles from My Not-So-Exciting Life


I can't believe that a month of summer has already gone by, and I am not skinny, nor is my house perfectly clean and organized! I have managed to take a trip to Florida with my parents (it rained the whole time), clean out the pit that is Zach's room, kinda learn how to knit, read LOTS of books, get caught up on Zach's scrapbook, and serve the ever-changing whims of a three-year-old. Zach does go to school two days a week, and on those days, I cram in as much activity as possible. I clean the house, do the laundry, run errands, and try to fit in some reading time.

The goals that I still have for this summer (which means until I go back to work on August 11th) are: clean and organize our office, paint our bedroom and bathroom, and get lots of work done on the family heritage scrapbook that I am about to start. I think those goals are pretty reasonable, so we'll see...

We are taking our second "real" vacation next week, in the ten years that Darren and I have been married. The first one was last summer, and we went on a seven-day cruise from New Orleans to Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. It was absolute bliss! We ate and slept as much as possible, went to the shows every night, climbed a waterfall with every other tourist in Jamaica, went snorkeling with stingrays in Grand Cayman (along with thousands of other people), and visited the Mayan ruins at Tulum in Mexico. We wanted to go on another cruise this year, but it was not affordable. In a couple of years, I think we'll take Zach on a cruise out of Galveston.

On Monday, we are headed to Sin City for five days. Las Vegas is someplace I have wanted to visit for years, and I just want to go and gawk at the sights, as well as the tacky tourists who are sure to be in abundance. We won't be doing much gambling, since Zach will be joining us, but we are taking our own personal tour guide/chauffeur/baby-sitters (Mom and Dad). We have big plans to visit Red Rock Canyon, Valley of Fire State Park, Hoover Dam, and my personal goal, every hotel on the Strip. We are staying at the MGM Grand, which is the biggest hotel in the world, so I am sure that we will get hopelessly lost trying to find our room! I have four guidebooks from the library that I have been reading (I'm a nerd), and have been boring Darren with random facts. So, all I have left to do is clean the house, finish buying what we need, clean the extra bedroom, because Mom and Dad are spending the night on Sunday, and pack. Minor things, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment