This has been a strange week. Zach and I were scheduled to go to Cub Scout camp from 8:00-1:30 every day, and I planned to come home and nap every afternoon. It was hot out there, lots of bugs, and muddy. We made it through Monday okay, and he had a great time. We got to meet other Cub Scout parents from the area, and the boys did lots of activities toward their Tiger Cub badges. Zach and I both had the opportunity to shoot BB guns for the first time. I'd kind of like one to take care of the possums on our back fence who harass the dog!
Anyway, I was feeling pretty bad Tuesday evening, and on Wednesday, I started having contractions around noon. We had to stand up at the archery station for quite a while, and it was really hot. We left camp a little early, and I called my OB on the way home. I went in to see her, and she examined me, and did some sort of test that can predict whether or not I am in danger of going into imminent labor. Everything looked okay, but she ordered complete bed rest until I see her again next Tuesday.
That put a major cramp in my plans, because at this age, Tiger Cubs have to have an adult partner with them at all times. I spent the evening trying to figure out how to tell Zach that he wasn't going to get to go back to camp. I finally worked up the nerve, and the only thing he was concerned about was missing wrist rockets (slingshots) this morning. I called the camp and asked if Darren could go as a visitor for an hour, because all partners are supposed to be registered with the camp. They said it was fine, and Darren arranged to take Zach this morning and work from home for the day. So, they were able to go and do wrist rockets, and come home. Zach wasn't too upset about missing out on anything else, and I was relieved that he had that opportunity. I laid around all day, playing on the computer and reading. I created baby registries on Target and Babies R Us, and it was fun to shop without spending money. Darren is going to work from home again tomorrow, and my mom is coming in Sunday to stay until Thursday. I've arranged a playdate for Zach tomorrow with a friend from school, so it looks like we're going to be okay.
I've still been having contractions this evening, but not horrible ones. I think I just need to rest for a few days, and try not to do too much, and not stress over this.
Interview update: it was for the art position at Zach's school, a job that I want more than anything. She is interviewing three other people, and plans to make a decision by July 2nd. There may or may not be a second interview. I think it went well, but don't know either way for sure. I wish there was some way I could do something else to influence the principal's decision, but it is out of my hands. I guess if it's meant to be, it will happen.
The Human Santapede
1 hour ago