Sunday, January 20, 2008

Feeling Awful

I hate being sick! I started feeling bad Wednesday afternoon, and was fully sick by Friday afternoon. My parents are in for the weekend, and we had a girls' night Friday to see 27 Dresses. I loved the movie, and didn't want it to end. I temporarily felt okay to leave the house for the movie, but needed to get home and to bed afterward.

Yesterday morning I saw the doctor and found out that I have bronchitis. Zachary's Cub Scout pack had their Pinewood Derby, but I only managed to stay for a little while. Zach ended up taking first place among the Tigers, and first place overall. Meanwhile, I stayed at home and shivered under the covers for four hours. When I finally summoned the energy to get out of bed, I had fever of 103.2. Needless to say, we didn't do anything last night. Dad and Darren grilled, and I took up space on the couch.

We have Zoe's baptism today, and are going to be very bad Catholics. No one here feels like getting dressed, and we'd go to the church in our pajamas if we could. We are skipping Mass, and just showing up for the baptism afterward. I am coughing like crazy, and it hurts to talk. We are having people over the house afterward for cake and punch. I will probably end up in bed for the afternoon. Some hostess I will be! I didn't even clean, and don't care, which is very unusual for me.

Tomorrow is a holiday for the kids and me. Mom and Dad are leaving today, and Darren has to work tomorrow. I sure hope my Z-pack kicks in by then so I can take care of Zoe. If not, it will be a long day of lying on the couch and moaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment