Monday, January 14, 2008

Future Rock Stars

I could blog about how hard it is to go back to work full-time and keep up with the house. I could also mention how little sleep I seem to be getting now, especially since I think Zoe is getting sick. She is coughing and sounds congested. Also, I don't think anyone wants to read about the dog and his crusty ears, which I suspect are ear mites, the cat's flea issues, and our ongoing battle to tame the clutter in the house. Later I'll write about Zoe's upcoming baptism this weekend, Zachary's Cub Scout accomplishments, and definitely about our neighbors and their drug issues. I will also post about my very cool new bike that I got for Christmas and the family bike rides we have been taking on the weekends instead of cleaning up.

For now, I want to discuss my new-found love for video games, especially Rock Band. We have resisted getting a video game system, because we know how much time we'll spend playing, and also how annoying it will be for Zach to constantly want to play and need help doing that. We currently have a Leapster that Zach loves, is completely portable, and he can play alone. Somewhere in the mess, we also have an Atari Flashback, an actual Atari 7200 that still works, and an original Nintendo. We never progressed in the world of video games, and that has been fine until now.

When the Wii came out, I thought it was really cool and wanted to try one. My friend bought one, we borrowed it for a while, but didn't miss it when she took it back. She eventually sold it because she never played. Lately, we have been exposed to SingStar, Guitar Hero, and most recently, Rock Band. We went for a bike ride Saturday afternoon, stopped at some friends' house to say hi, and ended up staying and playing for six hours. That was so much fun, and I love playing the drums! Yesterday, we went over to my sister-in-law's house and played both Guitar Hero on the XBox 360 and Sports on the Wii. We found out that Rock Band is coming out for the Wii next month, and there is also a version of Dance Dance Revolution for the Wii (something I've always secretly wanted). I finally get a paycheck again in February, and if we can actually find a Wii at retail price, I think we'll buy one. Maybe that will be the key to me finally getting in shape. Weirder things have happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment