Sunday, August 05, 2007

Growing Up, and Out!



I still can't believe that Zach has a loose tooth! I don't know why this milestone of childhood bothers me, but it just does. I got over him starting school last year, but this is one that will alter the way he looks, permanently. He's growing up so fast, and won't be my little boy for too much longer. He still can't ride a two-wheeler, doesn't care what I dress him in, and enjoys snuggling with Mom. He still kisses me at the bus stop, tells me he loves me in public, and sleeps with a blankie. One change I have noticed lately is that he is starting to watch more grown-up TV shows. Even though he still likes Little Einsteins, he has really started to like Hannah Montana and The Suite Life of Zack and Cody on Disney. I want him to always be my little boy, but I guess I can't hold onto that forever.

As far as growing out, I feel like my belly has really begun to expand. Some of my maternity shirts are starting to be too short, and it's hit me that, wow, I will have a baby sometime in the next two months. Darren has been painting away all weekend, and we are hoping to set the crib up later today. I can't wait!

I am very nervous about going back to work on the 21st. I am going to have to give up my afternoon nap, and I am so sore all the time. I've started to have some mild contractions, and I can't stand up for long periods of time. Maybe I'll assign a student to roll me around in my chair. That could be fun! I will just have to train them to do a lot around the classroom, which will be a good thing when I am gone for 12 weeks. I started working in my classroom last week, and need to get moving on lesson plans this week. The good thing is that Zach enjoys going to school with me; he gets to draw on the board, use all of my art supplies, and watch DVDs on my TV. He's good company, and I can get a lot of work done with him there. Also, it gets us out of the house, and he doesn't complain that he's bored. It would be nice to get finished with all of the stuff in my classroom this week so that I can have the following week to scrapbook. I am finally up to last August, and our trip to Chicago. Only one more year to go!

I guess I should get dressed, and get my child dressed, since it's after 2:30 in the afternoon...

No comments:

Post a Comment