Wednesday, September 19, 2007

9 Days to Go!

I think the tired thing isn't going to go away anytime soon, unfortunately. After working a 12-hour day yesterday (because of Open House), I considered taking today off, but since the kids were going to read all day, I went to work. I finished lesson plans through Christmas, grades are done and entered in the computer, and I have practically written a novel of instructions for my substitute. I may be over-prepared, but I want everything to continue running smoothly in my classroom while I'm gone. I have a great group of kids this year, and I want them to stay that way. I think they're pretty much trained to know where everything is, which is wonderful. One kid asked me today if I had the baby yet, which was kind of insulting. I sure hope I look better after I have her!

This past weekend, in addition to going to a birthday party and shower, I put away the shower gifts, worked on thank-yous, and sterilized bottles. I also bought a great new digital SLR camera, which is my birthday present. My bag is almost packed, and I still need to put the car seat in my car, and wash the rest of the clothes. That's what next week is for, along with a hair cut, pedicure, and lunch with Zach at his school.

I went to the doctor today, and not much has changed. I haven't dilated more, but did gain three pounds since last week. I am having lots of contractions, but nothing regular. It hurts to walk, and I have a lot of pressure. We're scheduled at the hospital for next Friday. I can't sleep more than an hour at a time without Ambien right now, and it was starting to hurt to lie in bed. I got this great new wedge pillow to put under my belly, which made a big difference. I'll pass it on to my sister when I'm done with it.

I guess that's about it for now. Tomorrow is going to be a LONG day, so I hope I make it without curling up in the corner and rocking. We have an 8:00 faculty meeting, I have four classes of students to present a project (while I grade it), a fire drill, a parent conference, a baby shower after school, and our first Cub Scout meeting tomorrow night. Thank God there's nothing going on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment