Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Week 35

After a relaxing weekend, I went back to work yesterday, and I'm tired already. Of course, I seem to be tired 90% of the time now, so I guess that's nothing new...

We took Zach fishing for the first time Saturday, and had a ball. It was a tournament for kids at a park near our house, and the pond had been stocked with catfish. Zach has a little Tweety bird fishing pole that he was given before he was born, and we took it out of the package for this occasion. Bait was provided for us, and we tried to catch a fish for over two and a half hours. We had several nibbles, but didn't catch anything. We had fun anyway, and Zach earned his fishing belt loop for Cub Scouts.

We did some shopping this weekend, and some laundry, and that was about it. I enjoyed not having any big plans. I did spend quite a bit of time doing school work Monday, so I felt prepared when I got to work yesterday. Now, if only those many weeks of lesson plans for while I am out would just write themselves...

I started having some contractions last night, and now my belly just feels tight. It's nothing serious, and I figure I will know when it's time to go to the hospital, right? I had a doctor's appointment this afternoon, and I still haven't gained any weight. In fact, I haven't gained anything since August 14th. I guess I need to have Darren write a note saying that I really am eating! I don't know where it's all going. I have barely started to dilate, and the doctor could feel the baby's head, but she's not engaged yet. She says she wouldn't be surprised if I had her in the next week, but I really don't think it's going to happen that soon. I'll probably make it to the 28th. If I can just manage to work until the 21st, I'll be lucky. I'd love to take a day off to sleep, but I don't want to waste a paid day off right now. Twelve more days of work. If the air conditioner would work better in my classroom, it would make it so much nicer right now. I have always had the coldest classroom in the school, but not this year. I almost kidnapped the repair man today. He said it was 75 degrees in my classroom, but I'd like it to be 65.

I have a shower this weekend, and I am excited to see everyone. It sounds like there will be quite a few people there, so it should be fun. Darren is going to ride in a breast cancer awareness bike ride this weekend; I don't envy him! I guess we need to start raising money for it, but I don't think he's registered yet. I'd love to be able to worry as little about things as he can.

More details later. I'm going put my feet up.

No comments:

Post a Comment