Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Two Months!




The first picture shows Zach and me with our new glasses. Zach lost his first tooth last night, so we had to take lots of pictures to document it. For some strange reason, he needed to wear his school sweatshirt and his knit hat for the picture. He was so excited about losing his first tooth that he accosted everyone in Michael's last night to tell them the story of how it came out. He began with lunchtime yesterday at school, when he hit it with his hand, cried and went to the nurse. The story's dramatic conclusion comes when Mommy flicked it out of his mouth, and we had to crawl around on the carpet to find it. I was informed that the tooth fairy leaves $5 for teeth, and I always got a pack of gum, so a very happy little boy found a pack of gum and a fiver in his custom-made Cars tooth fairy pillow (thanks Aunt Natalie) this morning.

The second picture shows my smiling sweetheart. I still can't believe that she is already two months old. Where did the time go? Zoe now smiles on a regular basis, coos, and can raise her upper body on her arms. She is such a doll; we are so fortunate to have her! I am still having a hard time accepting the fact that I have to leave her to go back to work soon, but my consolation is that I have until next August to find something else to do.

I signed up for a childbirth education certification course last week, and my textbooks and materials arrived today. I haven't looked through them yet, but can't wait. I think this will be a good career move for me; I will still use my teaching skills, but to teach something I am interested in, to a willing audience. I still have to work out the details of how and where I will give classes, but I am hoping that my OB will help me with that. I am thinking that maybe she will allow me to give the classes at her office, and distribute flyers to her patients. The only childbirth classes that I know of in this area are offered through the hospital, and they fill up months in advance. If this works out, I will probably add postnatal education to my certificate. Maybe I'll even go to nursing school farther on down the line. There are a lot of possibilities, and I am looking forward to learning again. I have been craving a mental challenge, and not getting it (in a good way) through my current teaching position. I hope this is the answer I was looking for.

I guess this means I am going to have to wean myself off the computer, but there are so many things I do on here every day. I check my e-mail multiple times, read blogs that I track on Bloglines, check eBay, MySpace, Facebook, and my school e-mail, play on Twitter, and now play with my photos on Flickr. I still have lots of pictures to upload to Snapfish and order prints as well. I need to become more efficient with my computer time, I guess.

All right, I am going check out my box of goodies that arrived today. We spent three hours this evening decorating a cake for Zach's Cub Scout meeting/cake auction that is tomorrow, and I deserve some down time.

No comments:

Post a Comment