Thursday, April 17, 2008

CT Scan Results

My ENT's office called this morning with the results of the sinus CT scan that I had Tuesday. That was an interesting experience; Zach came with me, and was able to sit with the tech and watch the monitor. I wish I could have seen what was going on!

Anyway, I have a left maxillary sinus mucousal thickening, a polyp on the left side, and a septal deviation the the left. I am going back to the doctor on May 7th to discuss treatment options, and I am dreading it. I am sure he is going to want to do surgery, and I really don't want to do that. I wouldn't be able to have the surgery until after school let out for the summer, and my summer school class starts before school ends, and lasts all summer long. Plus, I panic when I can't breathe through my nose. I think I would have to be sedated after the surgery, when I was in bandages.

More details later...

No comments:

Post a Comment