Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Swamped

It's only the second official day of my summer vacation, and I am already overwhelmed. This anatomy and physiology class is going to prevent me from doing anything fun this summer, I am afraid. I spent all day yesterday working on my test review for next Wednesday, and only got through one of four chapters. I don't think my brain has the capacity to memorize as much as I need to for this test, and I think I need to use every waking second between now and next week to study. I guess that means I won't be going anywhere and spending money, which is a good thing, right?

I guess another bonus from my studying would be that my house will end up being very clean. In college, I couldn't study unless the apartment was spotless. Of course, it has been eleven years and two kids since then! My house is also way bigger than my apartment was. I am still trying to dig out from the massive amount of laundry that we have. I have about three to four loads left, and my dining room table is covered with clean, folded clothes. I'd go do something about it now, but I have a sleeping baby (I think) in her swing in there. She sleeps so lightly that if I even walk in the room, she wakes up.

I have started a system for Zachary to earn Wii time each day. He automatically gets an hour, and can lose time for various things, and can also earn time for doing things like reading to his sister, cleaning up his room, and trying new food. I don't want him to be a couch potato, and this way, he helps around the house without it being a punishment. He's very motivated to do this! The other part of the plan is that we came up with ideas of what he can do if he uses up his Wii time. So far, he hasn't needed that list, but I give it a week. Zach is going to VBS in the mornings this week, which gives me some free time.

The wind is blowing really hard, and it looks like we are going to have quite a storm this afternoon. It will be a good time to curl up and read; unfortunately not a pleasure book, but an anatomy and physiology book. Yay.

1 comment:

  1. I like the new page. It's amazing how much you are accomplishing when you need to study!

    ReplyDelete