Now that school is out, and I am officially unemployed, it's time to compile the annual list of way too many things that I want to accomplish this summer. Added to the mix this year is an extra, high-maintenance child, and a class that is kicking my butt. I love a challenge, but am not sure what I will have time to do this year. I have lots of homework for my class, and I need to make a good grade so that my chances of getting into nursing school next year are good. I also found out this week that I may have to go to school full-time in the fall to be competitive when I apply next spring. As of right now, I am planning to substitute for another teacher who will go on maternity leave in August. I'm not sure if that will still happen; I don't want to delay school another year.
It was so anti-climactic to leave school for the last time on Friday. I did cry a few times during dismissal Thursday and breakfast Friday morning, but I've gotten over it now. Tomorrow will be strange to not have to get up at 6:00, and to be alone with the kids all day.
Zach has VBS this week until noon, we have Cub Scout camp the following week, and Zach has science camp the week after that. Besides those things, I have allergy testing, we have a weekend at Schlitterbahn planned for July 4th, and I have sinus surgery scheduled for July 9th. We're armed and ready with pool passes, and will do a library trip soon. Zach has a new Wii game, Mario Kart, and I have homework for my class, which lasts until August 17th. We don't have any other plans this summer, so here's my over-ambitious list of things I want to accomplish:
1. Finish washing and putting away the laundry that is taking over my house. I also have to pack up kids' clothes that are too small for both Zach and Zoe. We have so much laundry that we've spread from the queen-sized bed in Zoe's room to the dining room table. You would think there wouldn't be any clothes left, but the linen closet is so full of dirty clothes that the doors won't close.
2. Clean out and find a home for all of the stuff I brought home from school. Those boxes are currently residing in the back of Darren's car and in the garage.
3. Write the curriculum for my childbirth class. I also need to get busy finding a place to give the classes, and find potential students. I do have a couple of potential opportunities there, I just need to follow up with both of them.
4. Organize photos and get everything into albums. I have scrapbooking stuff taking over the office right now, and it all needs to be tamed. Surely there is some stuff I can get rid of.
5. Go through/read the books piled up around my bed. Reading for my class and childbirth certification is cutting into my fun reading time. I am sure there are many unread magazines lurking somewhere, also.
6. Cook dinner for the family more. I need to get back on Weight Watchers and drop a lot of weight, and start cooking healthy foods instead of prepackaged crap!
7. Exercise. I have a new bike, we have Wii Fit, we have an expensive YMCA membership that we aren't using. I do have a sprained foot, so that has put a damper on what I can do right now.
8. Clean out the garage. Bad. really bad.
9. Finish the half-bath. It's so small that only one person can work in there at a time. There is no toilet in there right now. Darren has replaced the sink/counter top, and is in the process of tiling the floor. We've bought paint, and have picked out the new toilet and fixtures. We still need a new light for that room, and will paint the cabinet for the vanity.
10. Survive my summer school class and make a big effort to do well and study.
I guess that's enough for now. One of these days, I'll get back to posting about our weekend in Louisiana for Memorial Day, and all sorts of other mildly exciting stuff that we've done lately. While Zoe is sleeping, I'm off to tackle the laundry.
Best Friday Features!
1 day ago