Tuesday, June 17, 2008

You Know You're a Suburban Mom When...

You go to the grocery store as a welcome escape from your children. I was just in our friendly neighborhood HEB, after Zoe went to sleep, when I noticed all of the women customers. There were a few men darting here and there with their small baskets, but for the most part, the customers were women in their 30s and 40s, dressed in their comfortable "mom" clothes. They walked slowly, leisurely considering one item over another, and except for one woman I saw, were alone.

I don't generally like grocery shopping, but it's not too bad as long as I am alone. I tend to browse a little more and not race through the store.

When I went to the register to pay, the woman behind me commented on how much she likes grocery shopping, because that is the only reprieve she gets from her daughter. She also said that she was going to drive slowly, and take the long way home. I have to admit that I may have actually stayed within the speed limit on my way home tonight, after hearing her talk.

I have my first anatomy and physiology test tomorrow, and I don't feel like I can study enough to memorize all of the information that we need to know for the test. I don't think I ever put this much effort into a class in college! The professor gave us an extensive study guide, which I have probably spent close to 20 hours completing, but she also told us that the material on the study guide may not necessarily be everything on the test. WTF? I guess I'll spend tomorrow rereading the textbook and going over my PowerPoint notes. Another mom graciously offered to take my place at Cub Scout camp tomorrow so that I can stay home and study. We did have a pop quiz last night, and I made a 95, but I don't want to get to the classroom and freeze because I don't feel prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment