Sunday, March 16, 2008

On the mend, I hope

It's been a rough few days. Thursday, I was feeling awful. It seemed like I couldn't do anything to get the congestion to go away, and I was thankful to get to leave work at noon. I did observe the art teacher that morning, and absolutely loved it! I talked to my principal, and my chances at getting a position seem better than I though. I gave her my resume Friday, and they are supposed to be doing interviews sometime around the 27th. I'm keeping my fingers crossed; feel free to say a prayer for me! In the meantime, I've been scoping out jobs online. There seem to be quite a few that might appeal to me if the art thing doesn't work out. I'm looking at possibly substituting next year, along with maybe a receptionist position in a doctor's office. I'm also going to go and get advised this week at the local community college, to see about starting the nursing program this summer. Call me crazy, I know!

Anyway, Darren went to the doctor Thursday afternoon while Zoe and I napped. It turns out that most of his friends from SXSW had gotten sick, and it was some sort of virus. Since Thursday, Darren hasn't gotten out of bed much, and has broken his fever several times. While I was home that afternoon, I went ahead and scheduled an ENT appointment for me for this week, and a pediatrician's visit for Zoe that afternoon. Her congestion wasn't getting any better, and I had the time to take her. We saw a nurse practitioner that afternoon, and her infection was back to both ears. They gave her a shot of Rocefin? and made an appointment for us to return Friday afternoon to see her regular doctor.

Thursday night was supposed to be a Cub Scout pack meeting. We ate dinner, I ironed Zachary's and my uniform, and we went to the church and waited. Four other families showed up, so we didn't have our meeting, but we did get some important planning done for our pack. I think I am going to take over as committee chair, which is the person who plans the year and delegates each event out. I will also be responsible for the pack registration paperwork, which doesn't seem like it's going to be a big deal. Now, I just need someone to take over as den leader. I need to send out that e-mail...

Friday, Darren stayed home, and the kids had a half-day of school. 6 of my 24 kids started spring break early by not showing up that day. We had short classes, and I showed a video and gave a spelling test. Zachary got out at noon, and our neighbor brought him home. Our students were dismissed at 12:45, and we had the afternoon for planning and conferences. I went to a workshop on our new webpages, and we had one conference. I didn't get nearly as much work done as I had planned, but I did get my classroom pretty clean. I took Zoe to the doctor again, and there was no change in her ears. She got another shot, and we went home and did nothing that evening. The ENT called and cancelled my appointment, so I scheduled an appointment with my GP for Saturday morning. I was feeling really miserable, and knew I didn't want to wait to be seen.

Yesterday, I woke up and went to the doctor. They did an x-ray of my sinuses, and they were pretty full. I got 12 days of Prednisone, and 10 days of Biaxin. I had to take 5 pills at once, and that made me feel yucky for the rest of the day. I haven't taken them yet today, but know I need to get that over with. Plus, I need to drink more. I am so bad about not drinking anything all day!

After the doctor, I did some exciting things, like picking up our comforter from the drycleaner's and getting some flea medicine for Chance at the vet. I brought McDonald's breakfast home, and we sat around all day. We played some Wii, watched some TV, and I read a book. By yesterday evening, Zach was driving me crazy because he was so bored. I went and played outside with him for a while, and watched the pollen rain down from the trees. Everything outside is yellow right now. The flowers are starting to bloom, as well, and people are working in their yards. We're going for the look of neglect in our yard this year, I think. Thank God for the fact that we live where we are expected to have a certain percentage of our yard look like the natural forest. We definitely have that going on! My friend Jennifer and her boyfriend, Brandon, brought us dinner and milk last night after I posted on Twitter that I was hoping the dinner fairies would come. I really love the Internet sometimes!

Today, I am feeling better. I slept until 10:30, which is the first time in as long as I can remember, and then made waffles for breakfast/lunch. I need to do that more often; they were so good, and so easy to make! Now, I need to get dressed and get busy doing something productive while I am feeling decent. Hopefully Zach is content today; he rediscovered his DVD collection and is upstairs watching Ratatouille.

No comments:

Post a Comment