Saturday, March 29, 2008

Too Much to Say, Too Little Time!

Since I last posted, things have gotten better over here. We had a wonderful weekend in Louisiana with my family and Darren's (I'll get around to posting pictures eventually), then a too-long drive home for no reason last Sunday. The workweek was endless. I am sick again, and felt miserable all week. I spent an hour and a half waiting to see my ENT yesterday, then he was able to give me about two minutes of his time. I have to go and have a CT done of my sinuses, then go and see him again. He did give me new meds, which should help. I'm at the point where my sinuses are so full that my eyes are crying, and my ears are stopped up, so I am having trouble hearing. Everyone else in the house is well right now, which is nice.

We spent every evening after work looking at cars this week, but still haven't made a decision. We got a very nice check from State Farm yesterday, and plan to buy a car today or tomorrow. That would mean we need to get dressed and leave the house, but we're not progressing too well on that. We don't have any plans for this weekend. It's our last free weekend until sometime in May, so we need to make the most of it. Next weekend, Zoe and I are flying to South Carolina for five days to be with my sister. She is having her baby on the 7th, and I am so excited that I get to be a part of it! That means four more unpaid days off work, but I don't care enough about that.

I interviewed for the art position at my school yesterday. I spent hours Thursday night putting together a portfolio and researching the curriculum. I don't have a feeling either way about the job. I know they are interviewing six people for the two positions, and should make a decision sometime next week. I would love to have the job, but am not getting my hopes up. I don't know how you are supposed to get experience teaching art if no one wants to hire a teacher without experience!

Our dear cat spent the night out somewhere last night. I woke up at 5:30 this morning and realized I hadn't seen him since last night. Darren and I both went outside to look for him, but couldn't find him. He came home about an hour ago, completely unscathed.

I'll post pictures of our new car when we get it. It's going to be a long day!

No comments:

Post a Comment