Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Nesting Like Crazy

Since I last wrote, I made a very ambitious list of cleaning and organizing projects that I would like to complete around the house before the baby gets here. I seriously doubt that I will get to all of them, but I have put a pretty large dent in the list. Highlights include cleaning the kitchen junk drawer, cleaning the coat closet, and organizing Zachary's art desk. After completing some of these projects, I have come to the sad conclusion that no matter how much stuff I manage to get rid of, it won't be enough to make the house look uncluttered. People aren't going to come to my house, see the organized junk drawer (I got a really cool two-level organizer from Bed Bath and Beyond), and overlook the stack of mail on the counter, or the cookbooks piled up on the baker's rack. Sigh. At least I can find stuff now.

The most important project has yet to be completed. That would be the baby's room/extra bedroom. We've removed all of the furniture in there besides a queen sized bed and night stand, and relocated the chest of drawers to the closet. The problem is that I can't find a home for some of my craft items and photo albums, so they, along with our luggage and gift wrapping supplies, will have to stay in there. I hate that she won't have an entire room just to herself, but it's the best I can do right now. So far, we have painted the walls, changed the outlets and light switches, and attempted to hang new wood blinds. The only catch is that the blinds that we bought, and had cut, are too short in length. So, we can kiss that money goodbye, because Home Depot won't take back blinds that have been cut. We took apart one of them to try to use it to make another one longer, but they are not cut to the same width, and it just looks bad. Anyone need some white wood blinds that are 33.5 inches wide, and 42 inches long? I have three sets that can be yours!

Hopefully Darren will finish painting the trim and doors for the nursery this weekend, and we can start the fun part, decorating. I can't wait to assemble the crib again; it was nearly impossible last time, and I doubt we were smart enough to keep the directions. After that, we just need to get the garage cleaned out so that we can get to the attic above the garage to get down all of the baby items. I go back to work on the 21st, and I want it done by then. Keep your fingers crossed...

I went to the doctor today for a check-up. I am now at 30 weeks, and have gained a whopping eight pounds. That's less weight to take off later, and the baby is growing fine. We did an ultrasound today, and I was able to see her eye sockets, spine, and hands. She looks great, the placenta is completely out of the way, and I don't appear to be in imminent danger of going into labor. Life is good.

I am trying to get back into scrapbooking. I am still a Creative Memories consultant through the end of August, but know I won't make my order quota by then. I went to Michael's yesterday and walked around for a while. Martha Stewart now has a line of craft and scrapbooking products, and they are really pretty. I came home last night and cleaned up my desk, and was able to get started on Zoe's baby book, and do a couple of pages in Zach's album. I'm "only" a year behind on his; think I can finish before October? Maybe if I don't sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment