Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Don't Wanna Study!

I just can't get motivated to study for my final exam tomorrow night. Maybe it's the fact that we just had a test and practical last night, and my brain is still on overload? The practical was easy, just straight memorization of such fascinating things as parts of the brain and spinal cord, eye, and ear. The test, on the other hand, was not easy. For every test, we receive a study guide from the teacher, with questions to answer. It has taken me up to 12 hours to complete one of these study guides, then I don't seem to have time to go back over it. In addition to the study guide, we are provided with a Powerpoint quiz show that we went over in class only for the first test. Our Powerpoint notes (where the teacher lectures from) are also fair game for the test. It's just a lot of material, and it's almost a guessing game to figure out where the test material is going to come from.

Our final tomorrow night is comprehensive, and I have the test review completed, but I just can't make myself sit down and go over it. A lot of the material on the review seems to be things that we didn't go over previously, so there is probably some stuff that I actually need to learn. I just don't want to!

I've been in this class since before school ended in June, and school is starting again very soon. I just want to take some free time to hang out with my kids, or get some things done around the house, without the pressure of schoolwork hanging over my head. Zach's birthday is in 13 days, and we haven't done much to plan for his party. Not to mention the fact that I am starting a new job, and can't spare the time to even think about it right now.

Let's just say I'm burnt out and frustrated right now. I am supposed to be taking the kids and driving to visit my parents in two days, but I just don't think I have it in me to pack and drive four hours. I think I'd like some time at home to watch the Olympics, do laundry, and take the kids to the pool.

The fall semester starts August 25th, and I am taking 11 hours. Only 4 of them are campus classes, the lovely Anatomy and Physiology II. I am taking a kinesiology class that involves working out in the campus wellness center (probably a very good idea for me!), a psych class that I am retaking for an A, and a communication class for the last 5 weeks of the semester. In addition to that, I will be teaching preschool three days a week, and trying to find some kids to tutor after school at my house. Ah, the life of leisure!

No comments:

Post a Comment