Saturday, August 16, 2008

Taking it Easy

Since my test Wednesday night, I have been trying really hard to relax and enjoy the free time that I have. I haven't done much housework, or any of the projects around the house that need to get done. Instead, I have been sleeping late and reading as many books as I can cram in. I've also been trying to spend some time with the kids since we haven't done much this summer. Reality sets back in August 25th when school starts for Zach, Zoe goes back to her babysitter, and I start school again. I start work August 27th, and my students will start September 8th. I got my last teacher paycheck yesterday; sniff.

Darren and I went and bought ourselves each an iPhone yesterday. I have been having a lot of fun with it, when I can get it away from Zachary. He is enjoying playing the games that I downloaded, writing notes, and checking the weather. He asked if he could get one; maybe in ten years!

That's about all that I have to report for now. I have laundry waiting for me, along with the contents of our office that I've lined up against the walls in the dining room. I need to deal with that, and the mountain of mail that has collected on the bar in the kitchen. Zoe has a follow-up doctor's appointment this week from her ear infection, we have an end of year swim party to attend Friday morning, and my parents are coming in Friday. They are bringing us their living room furniture, and we have Zach's birthday party Saturday at a local pool. The week is going to fly by, I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment