Thursday, August 07, 2008

Long Day!

As I write this, there are many unfinished things around the house that I should be doing instead. I have a test Monday and my final Wednesday in my Anatomy and Physiology class, and the housekeepers are coming tomorrow. I have at least a month's worth of mail to go through on my kitchen counter, and the walls of the dining room are lined with the paper contents of the office. I need to go through those and eliminate about half of them. The countdown to school has begun, and I am starting to get that panicked feeling that I always get when I realize all of the things that I didn't manage to accomplish this summer.

This year will be different, though. Zach is going into second grade, Zoe is staying with her same sitter, and I am only working 18 hours a week. In addition to that, I am taking 11 hours of class, and only 4 of those hours are campus classes. I also want to try to pick up a tutoring job, so that we don't go broke. I need to do much better at managing my time, and am probably going to have to let my housekeepers go, so cleaning the house will be added to my plate. Darren and I are both hoping that we don't have to let them go, because that is giving us our weekends back.

What was my point here? Oh, yeah, our day...We started early this morning with a 9:00 doctor's appointment for Zoe. They confirmed that she does have an ear infection, and she weighs 20 pounds, 11 ounces. After the doctor, we came home, and I don't know what I did with my time. We went and visited Zoe's babysitter around 12:30, then met two of my sisters-in-law, my niece, and a friend for lunch at Guadalajara. Celeste, the youngest, is going to LSU this fall, and wanted help with selecting clothes for rush. We walked the entire mall, then headed to Sam Moon to check out their jewelry and accessories. After that, we went to Market Street, and walked around there for quite a while. We finally got home from lunch around 8:15. It was a lot of fun to do that today, though. It's rare to have a day of shopping, and I really didn't spend much money. I came home with two magazines and a grocery pad. Not too bad!

OK, I'm going to go tackle that mail, and maybe eat dinner. Fun stuff. We have a birthday party tomorrow evening, and I need to use my time wisely to study for my test on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment