Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Pathetic

Isn't it sad when you go to fill up your car and you get excited when gas is ONLY $3.36? Of course, the guy at the pump next to me was actually thrilled. He was in Miami last week, and it was $4.78 per gallon. Wow.

The first two days of school have gone fairly smoothly. Some of us are adjusting to our new sleep schedule better than others. Zachary was up until after midnight last night, and was horribly cranky this morning. I thought he was going to bed early tonight, but he and his dad are bonding while playing Zelda on the Wii. It's time for the boys to put their toy away and quit playing!

I have no idea how things have gone for Zachary. In his words, school is fine, and they haven't learned anything. What I got out of him was that they made a picture of their family yesterday, and he drew his sister to look like a cat. Today, they did math, and the teacher told them that there wouldn't be any homework this year. I don't believe that.

Zoe has adjusted all right to her babysitter again. She has come home filthy the past two days, has cried when I leave in the mornings, and her sitter was not putting her down for a nap until I picked her up today. That's not cool, since she goes to bed at 7:30. We came home, and she slept from 3:30-6:00.

I'm not sure how things are going for me just yet. I logged in to my online Psychology class yesterday, and completed the first two weeks' worth of work. I went to orientation for my kinesiology class, and am proud to say that I have worked out for the past two days. I had my first A&P 2 class today, and don't know what to make of it yet. The teacher is obviously passionate about teaching, but we spent class time introducing each other, discussing study skills, and discussing time management. She spent maybe the last ten minutes of class discussing the syllabus, and I have a 5-page homework assignment that involves answering questions about the syllabus. We'll see how this goes! She feels that we shouldn't work or take other classes with A&P; I sure wish I had that luxury! Tests are scheduled for times outside of class, which I find strange. I've blocked off the times of class to be there, but I don't need to be on campus at any other time. I'll have to go in to school to take my tests on weekends.

I am going to my new school tomorrow morning to meet with the teacher of the other three-year-old class. I am excited, yet nervous about this new adventure. I just know I will love teaching without having to worry about grades and TAKS. It will be fun to play with the kids, but I need to feel like I know what I am doing.

Time to go read for class...

No comments:

Post a Comment