Thursday, August 21, 2008

Wish I Had Time...

to post a full entry right now. There's so much to cram in before school starts, and I feel like the clutter in my house is going to take over the world.

I've been talking to my teacher friends, and am ever thankful that I don't have to do that this year. We will have to make a lot of sacrifices, like my housekeepers who are coming for the last time tomorrow, but I think it will all be worth it. I get to spend more time with my kids, will be less stressed out and hopefully a nicer person, and in a few years when I graduate from nursing school, I will only have to work three days a week, and make more than I did as a teacher. I am so excited about teaching preschool this year, and can't wait to start!

We went to Zach's meet the teacher night tonight, and he got the teachers that I really wanted. He has several Cub Scout friends in his class, and his first grade teacher is next door to his current classroom. She can check up on him from time to time. Since it's his third year at that school, it really feels like being part of a community. From the time we arrived until we made it to the classroom, it took almost an hour, because of stopping and talking to friends we know. I made a few Cub Scout connections, and will hopefully get some new members. The Girl Scouts had a table set up outside the doors, and I plan to do the same for open house in a few weeks.

Saturday is Zachary's birthday, and we are praying for nice weather. It has rained all week, since it's the last week of summer, and we've been stuck indoors. We are supposed to have a few friends meet us at a pool to swim, and I don't have a plan B. Maybe dinner at a pizza restaurant, or a movie? I just don't want them over here.

Mom and Dad are coming in tomorrow for the weekend, and are bringing us new living room furniture. I posted our old set on Craigslist, and am hoping that someone will come and get it tomorrow.

I am very excited about our year in Cub Scouts. Our annual popcorn sale just kicked off; let me know if you are interested in buying some yummy popcorn. It makes great teacher and client gifts for Christmas!

All right, I need to go work on the stuff lined up against the wall in the dining room. It's mostly Zach's old school papers, and old greeting cards. The good thing is that I am getting less and less attached to it as each day goes by. I'm going in with a garbage bag...

No comments:

Post a Comment