Saturday, February 09, 2008

Blah

This past week has been a little better, work-wise. I think the dreary weather this time of year really gets to me. The short days and gray skies put me in a bad mood. That, and the fact that we are in the middle of a project at school that I dislike teaching just makes me feel like there is a cloud of doom hanging over my head.

I know I need to exercise, and that will make me feel better, but I can't figure out when that would happen. I get up at 6:00 during the week in order to be ready to leave the house at 7:30, work until 4:15, pick up the kids and get home around 5:00, then work on homework, take care of Zoe, take care of dinner until at least 7:00. Darren gets home sometime between 6:30 and 7:00, and we spend time together as a family until about 8:30, when he starts getting Zach ready for bed. Zach goes to bed at 9:00, and I make lunches, make sure the diaper bag and Zach's backpack is packed, pick out an outfit for Zoe and me for the next day, take a bath, straighten up, and try to get Zoe to sleep. She usually goes to sleep around 10:30, when I can get in bed and read until I pass out. There's usually a nighttime feeding, so my sleep is not uninterrupted. I am just not sure when I could fit in working out. If I didn't have that pesky job...I still send money to the YMCA every month, but can't find the time to go with my money. We have been trying to take family bike rides on the weekend, but I know that is not enough to do me any good. I think I am going to join Weight Watchers online again. It worked for me after I had Zach, so I am sure it can work again. I guess that means I will have to start cooking more, and not serving frozen prepared food for dinner.

I am finally feeling better, but I am worried about Zoe. She's been extra cranky, and still sounds congested. We are flying to South Carolina on Friday, and it could be rough if she still has an ear infection. She's going back to the doctor on Wednesday for her shots, so hopefully they'll check her out.

I am looking forward to next weekend, and visiting Natalie. The kids and I are going with my parents, and we are going to be attending a baby shower for Natalie on Saturday. I haven't seen her house since the weekend they moved in, and she is going to get her nursery furniture while we are there. We get to eat at my favorite restaurant in Columbia, Birds on a Wire. I can't wait! I only hope that Zoe's first plane ride is uneventful. I should start packing now; all of the baby stuff that I have to take is overwhelming to me right now. I am taking Friday off work, sending Zach to school, and going to the doctor Friday morning. I'll pick Zach up after attendance, and we are going to leave for the airport very early because of parking and riding the shuttle to the terminal. It should be quite the adventure to get the kids and their stuff there on time!

No comments:

Post a Comment