Sunday, February 10, 2008

Going Crazy

I knew this was going to be a crazy week. We have our big TAKS (state testing) kick-off at school tomorrow. The kids go to an assembly in the morning where this year's theme (Night at the Museum) is revealed. The administrators film a presentation every year, and it's a lot of fun. They introduce the annual contest among the learning communities where the kids take weekly quizzes to earn prizes based on the quiz scores. In the afternoon, the kids go to the gym and watch the movie related to this year's theme while the teachers get some much-needed time off. Progress reports go home Tuesday, so I am going to use the time to enter grades. We're going to have shortened class periods between the two events, and I plan to teach the kids how to edit the rough draft of their research papers.

Tuesday, we have a bus evacuation drill in the morning (because I ride a school bus so often) and we give out progress reports in each class. I'm also reviewing for a test. Wednesday, I am giving a test, and Zoe has a 4:00 appointment at the doctor for her 4-month shots. Thursday is Valentine's Day, and we'll go out to dinner as a family. I am taking Friday off to go to South Carolina, and we'll return Sunday. I am so glad next Monday is a holiday! I'll need it by then.

Well, we have a change of plans. Darren's aunt in Louisiana died, so we are going to leave sometime Tuesday afternoon to head to Lafayette. We'll spend the night with Mom and Dad, the funeral is Wednesday, and we'll drive back afterward. So, I now to get to take 2 1/2 unpaid days off this week. Ouch. C'est la vie...

No comments:

Post a Comment