Friday, February 22, 2008


I don't know what I would do if I had to work any more days this week. It's been a rough one, and I only worked three days! Since I last wrote, Tuesday night I graded papers until midnight. When I returned to school Wednesday, my floors had been waxed over the long weekend, and I had to rearrange my classroom. Thank God my subs and students are fairly organized, so the papers weren't everywhere. Darren stayed home with Zachary on Wednesday, and now he is getting sick. Sick husbands are the worst! I tried to get him a doctor's appointment, but since it's been so long since he's gone to the doctor, he's not an established patient anywhere, and would get a crappy appointment time, i.e. during work. Now he says he's going to stay in bed all weekend. Wish I got to do that when I am sick...

Yesterday was fairly uneventful, but last night was hellish. I fell asleep with Zachary in his bed at 9:30, and Darren woke me up sometime later to get in our bed. The dear cat had left some turds on our bed, so Darren pulled the sheet off. I hate the blanket touching me, and didn't sleep well. Zoe decided she was hungry at 2:00, and I fed her and passed back out. I woke up a few minutes later when she threw up all over me. I guess it wasn't okay to not burp her! So, then I had to change clothes, and since my side of the bed was wet, I took her downstairs with the intention of her sleeping in her swing, and me sleeping on the couch. She decided it was time to be awake and happy, and would not go back to sleep. I finally gave up on sleep and went to play on the computer. She started crying, and Darren came downstairs wearing a pair of flipflops. Since I had gone to bed earlier than he did, we decided that I was going to be the one who had the honor of taking Zoe for a car ride. At this point, I was envisioning her on the porch or in the cage with the dog, and me going back to sleep...

I drove around for about 15 minutes, she passed out, and I went home. I left Zoe in her car seat and just put her in our room, where she slept until 6:00.

I was in a foul mood all day at work, and feeling so tired that i could cry at any moment. The kids took it easy on me, and I ended up getting a back massage and my hair styled during my last class. All I could think of was coming home and lying on the couch. Unfortunately, I have a six-year-old who is whining about going to play at a friend's house. Maybe someone will call, or I can bribe him with candy to stay upstairs!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:41 PM

    Wow, I knew you had a rough night, but I didn't know it was THAT rough! Cat turds, puke, and a car ride? No wonder you looked like you wanted to kill me Friday morning when I got the students wound up!