Friday, November 21, 2008

I have reached maximum stress level, and am going to blow at any moment. 2008 has not been the best year for us, with two of Darren's aunts dying, another one having a debilitating stroke, and another one with a weird stomach ailment that could end up being really dangerous. Besides those things, Darren totaled his paid-for car and we had to buy a new one, I didn't get my dream job and quit teaching to go back to school, we've had to pay for surgeries for Zoe and me, we now have three friends/family members who are going through a divorce, our roof is leaking into the wall of our garage, I have no money to buy Christmas presents, and tonight, Darren's car was broken into. He was in Houston at a bar with his co-workers, and someone smashed the right rear window and took out his laptop bag. On his laptop was all of his work for the past 18 months, some of which are projects which are due next week. He also had a brand-new external hard drive that he had gotten today, all of his business cards and those of his contacts, and his house keys.

So, it looks like we will be getting the locks changed on our house tomorrow, and hopefully having the window replaced in the car. I don't know what he will be able to do about his computer; hopefully they will buy him another one. Darren called the police, but they won't go there. There have been a rash of burglaries in the area lately, and nothing is being done about them.

I am beginning to wonder if it was worth it to quit my job and go back to school. I hate that I have put us in such a terrible financial bind, and it's only going to get worse. If I get into nursing school, I won't be able to work at all for the next two years. I can't imagine going back to teaching, or working full-time again, but that may end up having to happen. The only other solution I can see would be to sell my car, since it is the most expensive bill we have. If I could come up with some other way to bring in money, I would. The problem is that I don't have time to work more; I already don't have enough time to devote to my online classes. I don't sleep enough, can't keep up with the house, and always feel like I am behind on everything.

The semester ends December 9th. It can't come fast enough for me! I won't be enjoying paid time off this year for the holidays, and will have to pay for Zoe's spot at the daycare that she is going to as of December 1st.

I think this post is depressing enough. I'll write more when I have a more positive outlook on things.

No comments:

Post a Comment